It's Week 2 of Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month! We are humbled by the massive outpouring of support given to the Have a Heart Campaign and our National School Awareness Announcement. In the past week alone, we registered over 300 new schools and districts, bringing our updated total to 502 schools, 40 districts, and one million young people reached in one morning. We could not have done it without you!!
Of course, this weekend is Valentine's Day, so Break the Cycle has designed special "Health-e Relationship Cards" to mark the occasion! Share your heart with the people you love and care about, and tell them that this Valentine's Day - You pledge to keep your relationships respectful, loving and safe!
Visit http://bit.ly/Heart-Someone to send an e-card to your friends, family today!
Here are some other ways you can give from your heart and help support our young people in ending violence in their schools and communities:
* All February, Wear Your Heart On Your Sleeve - add <3 to your status and let people know you support Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month and link to http://www.haveaheartcampaign.org!
* Join HOPE - for only $10, you can join a growing community of BTC supporters who want to do their part to end dating abuse. Visit http://bit.ly/BTCHope to learn more.
* Vote for BTC in the Pepsi "Refresh Everything" Challenge. Help us win $250K to train 120 Girl Scouts to become our new peer ambassadors across the country! Visit http://bit.ly/BTCPepsiRefresh to vote today!
* Help us grow on Facebook! For every 100 new fans we add on Facebook, we will give one school a free copy of [Ending Violence]! Tune in this March to nominate your school, but until then - help suggest our fan page to your friends and raise awareness at the same time!
* Calling all teachers! It's not to late to join Break the Cycle in making history. Visit http://bit.ly/HEART-of-the-Matter and register to be listed among the all the schools nationwide who participated - or just copy the announcement and read it aloud to your students. One more teen who hears this message is one more teen who will know that they are not alone, and that there are people here to help if they ever need it.
We said it before, but it's important to say again - we couldn't do this without you. Thank you for all of your vocal support of Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month and trying to help teens create relationships